Big Boobs...

I guess my son has started eating less lately. I usually feed him at about 6 or 7 at night and he usually goes to bed around 9 or 10 and he wont get up again until like 6am or so. So I feed him and then by the time I get up with him in the morning to feed him, my boobs are like rock hard and huge and it really hurts! How can I get my boobs to stop producing so much milk!?!?!

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 11:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your baby that he's not nursing at all during the night?

Like others have said, time will regulate your production. Your milk is made as it's demanded, so engorgement is a signal to your body that it's producing too much milk. Aside from the beginning weeks of nursing, engorgement only occurs when the baby is not eating what it's told the body to produce. A few days will help it adjust.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 12:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Your bood will eventually get the hint. It can take a few weeks though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I meant boobs.
    coala

• just give it time and it will adjust.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Just wait it out, your body will adjust, sorry it's uncomfortable, but it will pass very soon, if your son sticks to his current pattern.
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• wow he doesnt wake up to feed? lucky .... whats your trick your body will get used to it
    shortimicmama

Answer by shortimicmama at 12:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• you mean wake up in the middle of the night?
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 12:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• he is 5 months old. at 6 weeks he started eating at about 11 and going straight to bed and then he would wake up and eat at 7. now he is eating at 6-7 bed at 10-11 and eating again at 6-7
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 12:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Lucky ducky you are!! You can pump just a bit to relieve the engorgement for comfort, but do not empty your breasts. Like the PP's have said, it will take time and your body will eventually get the hint.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009