I'm 30 weeks pregnant and recently had to take two weeks off work...I go back in a few days and I'm hearing awful rumors :/

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and this pregnancy has been a rough one filled with tons of scares and a lot of pain. My bosses have been pretty understanding but I was having some issues with them getting me restroom breaks in a timely fashion.

Well a while ago I was having some severe anxiety attacks and was feeling super stressed out and started bleeding a bit. My doctor checked me out and said that everything looked okay but that he thinks that I'm overly stressed and put me on an anxiety medication and ordered me to take at least two weeks off work.

He faxed over a work note and I also have a paper copy and I informed my boss the day before my next shift.

Well now I'm hearing from other co workers that my boss is "fed up with me and my pregnancy issues" and that I may not have a job when I get back and that even if I do they are going to "try to make me quit by making things difficult for me."

What would you do? I don't want to quit...I really want to try to work until the baby is born...but I'm a nervous wreck to go back now :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• Well, by law, unless they are a very small business, they HAVE to offer you an equivalent job upon your return. I would be up front. I would make an appt to speak to your boss about your concerns and hear theirs. The only way to solve this is to be proactive and work with the management.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• ^^^with all that said, DOCUMENT every thing, the day you spoke to so and so, the responses they gave you the date, time EVERYTHING
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Also measure the cost. I realize you probably need the income. But if the job is stressing you out to the point where you are bleeding, you don't want to put the baby in jeopardy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I'm still stuck on "your Dr. prescribed anti-anxiety meds" while you are pregnant....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What do you do for work ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You can tough it out for 10 more weeks
    And let's face it rumors are just that, rumors or unsubstantiated talk.
    It may have no basis in fact.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I'm guessing this is the daycare lady. Quit already.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2013