Birthday party ideas for first birthday.

Our daughter is turning 1 in early November and I need some ideas on how to make it fun/tolerable for older cousins who will be coming. With our son's birthdays we always just went to the park because his birthday is in July but where we are November is prone to snowing so a park won't work.

So ideas on making it fun for other kids while still making the day about her?

Also cake ideas would be nice since we have 3 celiacs (gluten intolerant) coming and I can't have tree nuts?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 8:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• Bowling alley? do you have anything like a chuck e cheese or the equivalent?

As for the cake, you can use coconut flour, or a gluten free box mix.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/dessertsandsweets/r/flourlessgfcake.htm

What about something like that for a cake? There are tons of other ones on Google, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Parties for a one year old are mostly about the parents as the baby won't know. I'd do whatever doesn't break the bank. You can buy gluten free flour but I'm told you have to add xanthan ? gum to make is successful. This is a challenge. I would probably bring cake for the non gluten intolerant people and gluten and dairy free ice cream or something for the others. Or go to Whole Foods and pick up a dessert. They make all kinds of stuff for the diet challenged.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2013