what age do you have to be to get your tubes tied?

im twenty and have one daughter and dont want anymore but i dont want anymore accidents can i get my tubes tied

mommy060312

Asked by mommy060312 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Doubtful. For some reason, in 2013, women still aren't allowed to make choices regarding our reproductive health. It's virtually impossible to find a doctor that will do this procedure at your age.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Probably not. You are very young to be making that decision. I thought I was done at 27 but am so glad I didn't! Life wouldn't be the same without my youngest 2 kids.
    And even a tubal isn't 100%. I had to sign a firm stating I knew it wasn't before the hospital would do the surgery.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• 6 years ago my surgeon didn't want to do mine at age 27, until I told him how many kids I had and why I saw a cardiologist. Fat chance anyone will do your a for a while.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• When I had mine done 12 yrs ago, my dr said that normally under the age of 25 it is not even considered. However, since I was married at the time and had 3 children and he knew how hard the pregnancies were on my body at that age, he agreed to it. He still made me wait 6 months and had BOTH my husband and I sign a form stating that we had explored all options.

There are days I regret having it done.

Seriously look into an IUD, the pill, the patch.....see what all of your options are.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Unless you have a lot of kids, are mentally unstable, or have another medical disease a doctor won't even consider it.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I would recommend getting some form of very effective birth control that you don't have to remember every day, like the shot or the IUD. It's not failproof, but it's pretty close, and then you won't have to make any decisions now that you might regret later.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• "Women are just too stupid to know what they want when it comes to having or not having offspring, therefore, intelligent men must make that decision for them." Doctors are fucking assholes.

I knew without a doubt that I did not want to go through the horror of pregnancy ever again. I detested it and I didn't want kids to begin with but had one so I could get married.

I wanted it fix permanently, even if that meant taking everything out, so that I would never run the risk of getting knocked up and having to get an abortion. I did not want to go on birth control b/c there is always a chance of failure ... 99% sure is still a 1% risk that was too high. That was almost 30 years ago and I have never even had a glimmer of "baby fever" or pregnancy scare.

Even the greedy fucking insurance company wouldn't cover it ... was deemed "not necessary". Wouldn't pay for birth control either.

Again, fucking assholes.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Here it's 26 and after 2 kids

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Most doctors won't until you are 30ish.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I think you can be any age ( I think once you turn 18 it doesn't matter because your a consenting adult ) ;
    but don't be surprised if your doctor tries to talk you out of it , innicially.

~Cyn.
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 7:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2013