Engorged again? adult content

Is it possible to be engorged all over again? At first it was extremely painful and hard as basketballs. Well past few days they have been feeling like they will get to the extreme engorgement. They get somewhat hard and somewhat a throbbing pain and/or throbbing sensation. Its uncomfortable. It happened after I was nursing my son on the left side (I've been having a problem with that one since its been engorged). Well while he was nursing ii felt this pull from around my armpit.. maybe like he unblocked a blocked duct. Any help please. New to breastfeeding. Still getting hang of it. I will post as tmi just in case.

aztecqueen22

Asked by aztecqueen22 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• No need for the TMI. **grin** Pop over to the breastfeeding moms group. Lots of moms ready to help.

In the meantime, nurse on demand, no timing. Side one will baby comes off on his own. Burp, repeat on side 2. Feel free to change up positions to make sure the ducts stay clear.

From your profile baby is newborn, and it's really common for the first six weeks to involve a lot of supply adjustment.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Oh ya I forgot I'm in that group ha. And yes I nurse on demand. I do need to change positions.. I usually do cross cradle. Thank you :)
    aztecqueen22

Comment by aztecqueen22 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• If it's painful, try putting a warm, damp washcloth on the spot to loosen it up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Whenever I felt engorged I pumped until I felt better. It helped a lot.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2013