How embarassing is this?! Seriously.

A week ago I got a fedex package. I was out with my kids and came back home and the fedex guy was putting it on the porch. His truck was blocking my driveway so I was waiting in the turn lane out on the road.

I knew he couldn't hear me if I yelled thank you, so I signed it. He got a HUGE smile on his face and waved. I was like "GREAT! He knows sign language!"

Then sitting in bed last night I thought, OH MY GOD! What if he thought I was blowing him a kiss???

The sign for thank you is hand to mouth then down. I can't remember if I mouthed thank you while I was doing it or not.

What do you think? Did he know sign language? Or think I was trying to kiss him?!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL!
    Probably you blowing him a kiss

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Either way, you made his day, and you'll probably never see him again. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Well if your area is like mine,they have routes,so if you get anything from FedEx,you'll see him again...sorry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Yeah Butterfly, they have routes. I get the same UPS guy every time. HE doesn't like me much.

UGH, I was SO just trying to say thank you.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• It's ok
    It better for him to think you were flirting than thinking you flipped him off or something :P

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I am sure you made his day! You payed it forward, is he cute? Lol!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• LOL.
    The Fed Ex man LURVES you!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• He could have taken it either way. More and more people nowadays are learning sign language.

I wouldn't let it bother me too much.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I took sign language classes in college. I will never forget the story the prof. told the first day of class. He said, one year he encouraged his class to go to a deaf picnic. He taught them the signs for " I am happy to meet you" One female student got it a little wrong, and instead of signing "meet"  she was signing F#%k. Apparently, the two signs are not very different. He showed us the two signs.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I totally would've had the sign go right Over my head lol I bet he thought you blew a kiss. If anything you just helped his ego a bit lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 12:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2013