8 months pregnant and had some gnarly discharge....WAY TMI. Do not read if you're going to get grossed out. Thanks! adult content

I'm 8 months along and I just used the restroom and felt like I was leaking something! Immediately I freaked and thought my water broke or something, I reached down to wipe and I had a string of discharge coming out of me and I swear it had to have been a good 8 inches long.

I'm not only disgusted but freaked out! It wasn't clear or white...it was almost a grayish color and it had the consistency of snot as it was stretchy.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Mucous plug, to be on the safe side, call your doctor to make sure your water isn't leaking.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Should I already be losing my mucous plug? I still have quite a few weeks to go.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• That is why you need to call the doctor!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Okay lol. Sorry I'm feeling like a ditz...guess I'm still a little freaked out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• You can lose your plug a few weeks early. It's really not a major deal. Gross, but not a big deal :)

It indicates that you're likely dilating a little bit. As mentioned above, go ahead and just let your doctor know. They'll want to chart it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Mucus plug. You can be losing bits and pieces through the last trimester. Call your doctor if you think your water broke though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2013