Commissary closesure............

Because of the federal shut down. todays was the last day our was open. Tell they past the bill.
Any one elses closed?

Asked by louise2 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Military

• My friend in GA said hers did too. I am curious to know if the commissary overseas are closed or not. They have little options over there and shopping in the economy gets to be pricey, especially if you aren't getting a paycheck.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I don't know because I went to ours yesterday but they hadn't restocked meat and produce. Usually it's fully stocked on Mondays. The bagger said they wouldn't know until today. I think they were trying to prevent a rush rush situation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I know one in VA closed. A FB friend posted about it. Her husband is active duty Navy.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• That's not good. Where else can you shop? Is it more expensive than the commissary?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Overseas commissaries will stay open from what I know. Ours is open still, along with the BX. I am assuming because we don't really have many options.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• My son is stationed in Pensacola and he said theirs closed down today. They had a few hours to shop before it was closed and he said it was PACKED!
    Also, the base exchange closed down.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• @Cassie, I have a friend in Afghanistan and he said they were keeping that one opened.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Our Bx is still open here but the commissary is closed....Tyndall AFB in Panama City Florida.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Ours at Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota had closed down as well. We don't usually shop there, so it didn't affect us directly.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2013