Stainless steel stove top, please help.

Well, I guess my fantastik isn't doing the job, as well as my glasses, LOL. I have kind of burnt on crap around the burners (gas stove) anyone have anything I could put on it, and get it off, it is brushed stainless, so I can't scrub very hard.
I just got my new specs today, and oh boy, I think I liked my face, and house better without them, where did all these pores in my nose come from, LOL!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Lemme try something first. I will be back if it works.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Tea tree oil for the stove, or my pores? LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Well who knew! Thanks so much, I was like is she kidding?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Post me some photoshop pics today! I was bragging about them to my kids!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Nevermind. Nothing I tried worked. Blahhh. Now I'm frustrated.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Quinn Mae, what did you try? Maybe it needs to sit for a bit? I am going to try the tea tree oil, keep you posted.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I tried a few things. I tried baking soda and vinegar (figured this wouldn't work unless left to sit for much longer than my patience allows), a recipe I found on FB that called for a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. It either is a hoax or it also has to sit. Then I tried Goo Gone and that didn't work that well either. It did get some of the smaller grime off (I have a little around where the burner units come out of the stainless steel on the range), but the larger spots are still there. I have a stainless steel cleaner that also takes some of that stuff off. I think it's Zep. I might try to get some plastic razor blades to scrape some of that stuff up eventually. I will just have to find some patience before trying it again.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Okay, got out the tea tree oil and tried that. It worked a better than the Goo Gone, but still left some of the grime. Then I tried a dry eraser sponge and that didn't work. So I ripped off a corner and used the dry erase with a dab of the tea tree oil and that worked pretty well. The dry eraser sponge is still a fine enough abrasive that it doesn't mar the brushed stainless finish. It might have worked better if I were more patient and let it sit for a few minutes. I have to make dinner soon though so it couldn't wait.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Lol # 1 is not my fave!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Good work!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2013