Why is my beautiful and very smart 6 year old little girl peeing her pants almost everyday at school?

We have had her checked by the dr for UTI and bladder infections and all were fine! She doesn't pee in her bed at night just during the day! We have tried everything!!! We tried to not make it a big deal but it continues, we've tried taking things from her or grounding her but that didn't work either!!! We have even tried to reward her when she doesn't! I don't know what else to do! I don't want her to be the "stinky" kid at school!

Clovelace427

Asked by Clovelace427 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's probably because you put too much pressure on her to be beautiful and smart. :)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Is the teacher giving them enough opportunities to go to the bathroom? Are there some anxiety issues about school, the teacher, or a bully in her class that you have not considered?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I don't put any pressure on her to be smart or beautiful! That is my opinion!!! I'm not one of those moms! She actually is a tom boy and not a bit girlish so that's not even possibility!!!
    Clovelace427

Comment by Clovelace427 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I am actually going to talk with her teacher in the next few days. I have asked her if anything was bothering her and if the teacher gave them opportunities to go often she says she goes when they are given the opportunity but I don't think that is really happening! Even at home when I ask her she always says she doesn't need to but then 10 minutes later she's doing the pee dance and can barely make it there!
    Clovelace427

Comment by Clovelace427 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Please don't punish her for accidents!
    Anonymous

• Haven't you posted this same question several times all under different screen names?

Anonymous

• Talk to her teacher as there may be something going on at school. Does she go to a sitter at all? If so, check there as well.
    I agree with Anon, punishing her for accidents is not fair at all.

Can you think back to when this started? Was there a change at home or school? Even if it doesn't seem like that big of a change to you, it could be enough for her but she doesn't really know that's what is causing this.

Maybe when you ask her and she says no, perhaps you should encourage her to try.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• It sounds like your daughter gets busy or preoccupied and misses her body signals, and then all of a sudden she has to go right away. Maybe if the teacher discreetly reminds her a few times throughout the day to go, that might help.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Take her to the urologist. She may have a narrowed urethra which requires surgery to fix. It doesn't allow her to empty her bladder completely resulting in accidents. Of course she will need to be seen to determine if this is what's going on.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Give her a watch with a timer to remind her to go to the bathroom when it goes off.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2013