Govt shut down

Does this mean that if you already recive social security your payment won't be sent out???

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• From what I've heard, Social Security checks will go out as normal. I sure hope so.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Social Security payments will still be made. Payments to veterans however, will not. Does anyone else think it's ironic that today is the Anniversary of Yosemite National Park, but b/c of the shut down, no one can go visit there today?! How sad!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Me too! Thank ballad! I was kinda freaking out
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• It is very sad all around!!! Thank you mr president
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• My DH is retired military. He did receive his retirement check and VA disability checks this month.

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• ^^That's good Louise- b/c I heard on the news when I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, that Veterans would not get their benefits, but that active military would. Guess that was incorrect info. Hmm, the news got something wrong, imagine that! This whole thing just disgusts me. Congress & the President should all be ashamed of themselves & the mess they've made of this country.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Congress & the President should all be ashamed of themselves & the mess they've made of this country.

Not to mention all the finger pointing and the blame game that's STILL going on as to why we're in this situation to begin with. It all makes me sick.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• not that I agree with Obamacare, but technically it's the House of the Republicans that shut down the government, so, yeah..
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I agree!!
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I agree with tnm, blaming this shutdown on Obama is, to put it nicely, wrong. Now if he had vetoed what congress gave him, then you could blame it on him. Congress gave him nothing to veto.
    Anonymous