25,single mom, looking to move out of state with my 4 year old. i currently reside in maryland and i have to take my son away from the negativity asap!! please help.. best location to move with a kid

shawnita88

Asked by shawnita88 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Travel

• Do you have family anywhere in the US? I'd look for somewhere with good job opportunities & good schools I guess. NY is very expensive to live.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Can you take him? You can't just pick up and move, his father has rights as well.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• @ILovemypaulie. No! the most family I have is in P.A. I don't want to go there. and I really don't have family in Md ever jus my mom and grandmom. yes I can take him. I have $ saved up and his father is incarcerated for the time and I just want a change!!
    shawnita88

Comment by shawnita88 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• I love in Delaware. I moved three times and my dd father doesn't care unless there is a court order you can move anywhere with your child. Not all fathers are involved and care if the mother and child move.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Well, you should move to the midwest, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois have all weatherd the economy much better than most, you don't say what you do for a living, but the cost of living is much less in most of these states, and you could re-locate to a small town where you could have a sense of community.
    Anonymous

• It really depends. The cost of living varies, the weather varies, the opportunity for jobs varies. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• My sister just moved from Arlington, VA to Massachusetts. So far, she likes it. She loved Arlington. The only reason they moved was because it was so expensive to find a decent apartment and my BIL found a better job in Massachusetts.

I live in the south (Tenn) and people are friendly here and the cost of living is very reasonable. It is hard to find a job though in some areas right now. I suppose that is true in a lot of places.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I live in S. Fl. And it is relativly safe here. A lot of small-ish towns and friendy people. Plus the SUN SHINES 90% of the time 365 days a yr. We don't get snow and our winters are cool and SHORT. COME DOWN AND CHECK US OUT.
    OH YA...GREAT BEACHES !!!!!

~Cyn
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 7:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• My kids live in Iowa very cheap to live there....
    Terry7857

Answer by Terry7857 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2013