Insurance and gestational carriers......

I am currently undergoing treatments for cervical cancer. I was told it was no longer possible to ovulate much less carry due to the radiation. "you will have the uterus of an 80 y/o woman". So before treatments I had what turned out to be only 2 goods embyos frozen. I have possible carriers in mind but my question to you all is what about the insurance? My bcbs said they'd cover the cryo-preservation to a point but would NOT cover a surrogacy. So if DH and I pay for the insertion, who pays for the carrying? Their (a friend/coworker of mine) insurance? Is it possible to get a "sponsor" for all the preggy appointments? Has anyone else gone through something similar? Help?!

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 7:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2013 in Adoption

• I really have no idea, but here's a bump. I hope you get your questions answered, and that your cancer treatments are successful. Baby dust to you as well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Great questions, I don't have any answers for you but hope you and dh figure it out and find a way! Best wishes and prayers for your health and baby-making.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• There is a very good surrogacy group here on CM. http://www.cafemom.com/group/3087 They will be able to help you. GL!

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Wouldn't the surrogates insurance pay?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2013