Any good recipes using ground turkey?!

I have some in the fridge...want to make something other than regular burgers or meatloaf!!!

romanojm

Asked by romanojm at 11:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use ground turkey in my dirty rice. I brown about 1 lb of it with chopped bell peppers, yellow and green onions. I then add it to about 2 cups of regular long grain rice (cooked) and a box of wild rice (cooked). Mix it all together and bake it for about 15 minutes. It's great!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• you can use ground turkey for anyhting you would use beef for
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Chili, spaghetti, tacos...pretty much anything you use ground beef for =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• have you tried allrecipes.com
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes, I do use allrecipes quite a bit and like it a lot..its more that I'm feeling indecisive and just was wondering what you all would do if you had ground turkey in your fridge and were cooking it tonight...I'm just kind of sick of ground meat, in general, but have it and have to use it. Thanks :)
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 12:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I like ground meat in my veggie soup...so easy to make and everyone picks out the veggies they don't like.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I made this last night with some changes (obviously , I switched the meat):
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beefy-Lentil-Vegetable-Soup/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

1 can of V8 = 6 cups - I added about 2 and a half cans but left out the water - so you can use the water or the juice, whichever suits ya

I added onion salt and left out the onions and mushrooms, since we don't like them
    Anonymous