Is she stealing my song?

my life relates to the song "broken wing" by Martina McBride, some days I listen to it and I cry or just use it as a pick me up.

anyway, I posted it on facebook one day right off of youtube and how many days later my sister who has excitedly went to go get her boyfriend's name tattooed on her back, posted happy "I love you" pics of them together, and the only issue she had ever complained about was that he sleeps all day just to go to work by night ALL in this time period that I posted that song on FB.

I get up this morning and see a picture she sent me asking if the lyrics out of the song would be cool for her next tattoo. "with a broken with, she carries her dream" and an angel with a broken wing beside it.

I thought maybe the idea was for me since she has this "awesome" life but if it was for me, she wouldn't have sent it to my other sister too. She's really not the person that thinks of others to begin with. Her life never had any abuse in it so I wonder if she just doesn't know what the song is about. but if she ever felt mistreated, she never would hold on to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• she identifies with the song in some way, maybe just not the way you do. music is weird like that, two ppl can listen to the exact same song and come away with completely different ideas of what it meant. ive noticed ppl who post the most "we are so in love" crap on sites like FB are the ones who are trying to convince themselves their lives are way better than they really are. maybe you helped her realize this when you posted your song?

either way its just a tattoo...it doesnt take the song away from you unless you let it. no one can take away the meaning of a song for you unless you let them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I think I would try to work past the idea that it's your song. Sure, you identify with it on a different level than she does, but a lot of people love that song.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• And this is a big deal in your life because WHY?
    I think if Martina McBride doesn't care about your sister's tattoo you shouldn't either, find something else to keep your self occupied.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Wow she just sounds stupid. Never get a boyfriend's name tattooed on your body. As to the song who really cares? You don't own the song, so it can't be "stolen" from you. Like okmanders said, she can't take away it's meaning to you. There's nothing she can truly "steal". I wouldn't tat song lyrics on my body either though. Might not like that song forever. Removing tats is as bad, if not worse, than getting them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• It is not your song, it is Ms. McBride's. I am sure she is quite happy that people find some message that speaks out to the in her songs.
    But everyone has that right to hear and be touched by the song. You sister found something that touched her. It happens to be the same. It does not lessen what it means to you, unless you let it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• @okmanders...I didn't even realize that when pple post "we are so in love" crap that their lives aren't made up to be what it looks like.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Maybe she relates to the song in some way you don't know about. Many people don't like to bleed all over everybody.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• LOL @ everyone who thought I wrote the song and owned it. thanks for pointing out the obvious tho. I should have known with the morning crowd, I keep forgetting how much fun they love to have. *sigh* I will wait for a better answer
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• No she didn't steel anything. It's a song that has a special meaning to you, sure. But, that same song can have a different meaning to each and every person who hears it.

I truly do not understand why you feel she is steeling it from you? It's not yours to be stolen.

I also suggest you listen to the answers you have been given. They ARE good... they just AREN'T what you want to hear.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• all I don't want to HEAR is how someone might have stole a song which is pointing out the obvious. obviously i'm asking "did she steal the idea?" but I got responses to my title instead
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2013