Is it OK to have a bedroom as a sewing room if you are selling your house?

We have a bedroom as a sewing room right now because our kids have moved out. It is obviuosly large enough for a bed, but not large enough for the sewing stuff and a bed. Which is better, in your opinion, for showing when we sell? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• As long as ANY room is set up in a minimal way to show the size of the room,anything in there is fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• If you are selling it as a bedroom. make it a bedroom. Put all your sewing stuff in storage tell you sell the house. Every room should be what it is suppose to be when selling . And depersonalize your house.

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Sure. Just keep it clean and organized. As long as they can see how big the closet is and it isn't so messy / cluttered that they can't imagine their stuff in the room it might actually work to your benefit.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Whatever floats your boat. Any new buyers will be looking at it for other reasons. They might not sew, but think it'd be a great game room or bedroom or a great place for the sex swing. You just never know. So use it for whatever you are using it for.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Consider putting a daybed in there if you need to keep it a sewing room.

I agree with louise. It sells best when presented as a bedroom.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Ask your Realtor what they recommend.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Last time we sold our house, we had someone come to stage it, it cost about $1,000 but we ended up getting more than we were asking.
    I don't think the sewing room would bother me as much as all kinds of gross wallpaper/or clutter.
    Streamlined is the best.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Just remember, clear everything out that isn't absolutely essential. You want the prospective buyers to imagine the rooms with their things in them, which is easier if you don't have a lot of stuff lying around.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I read this the other day it might be interesting for you to read on things that kill your home value.

I think you should put a twin sized bed in there for photos and take out the sewing things, but thats just my opinion.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Non of you ladies watch HGtv do you?

Answer by louise2 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2013