I break my silence.

So, a couple of weeks ago, this guy out of nowhere contact me he came on very strong. I knew him from HS. We never really pursued anything back in the day; he asked to be my friend on FB. He contacted me constantly. He asked what i was up too. Good morning, what did you think of me then and now... blah blah... so he asked me if I would be interested in hanging out. So, we got together for his birthday. We laughed had a pretty good time. He kept encouraging me to spend the night; I knew it wasn’t a good idea. So, I shot him down on that, but hung out and watched a movie. He falls asleep we sort of cuddle then he starts to kiss me, then he really full blown makes out with me, he keeps lowering his hands to go south, I keep resisting and say it isn’t happening, I tell him we should take it slow. We decide that I shouldn’t spend the night because we know what would happen, I go home, I think about it later, that to some guys taking it slow means I’m not into you, but you’re a nice guy. So, I try to clarify in a way that I like him. We had a date set up for a later date after his birthday; I confirm were still on for that. He said yes we are. Then I say would you like to hangout before then, he saids I have to get back to you on that. He has a daughter, and school and I have my son and school, so in a weeks time we have a window of 3 days. Anyways he goes cold pretty much right away after that night. He doesn’t contact me, I just ask how he’s doing, and he said that he has to work. Yes, he did indeed have to work. But, I hear nothing from him, I just ask him what’s up and he saids he’s been busy, nothing is up and we’ll figure it out, but after another week. Still nothing, so on fb status he saids he’s playing GTA 5—there’s my first clue, a 31 year old man is playing video games.. not the right guy for me. Anyway he has one of his friends that’s’ a girl respond. And say is this why you don’t have gf. And he replies no, and then I jump in and say maybe he doesn’t’ want one, and she saids oh he wants one, and then he replies with maybe I haven’t met the right one yet. I just thought that was the biggest diss. Why couldn’t he just be honest with me and say hey I had fun, but you and me aren’t happening or something, no instead he has to be a total dick. So, I must say I’m totally irritated with guys right now. I got my voice heard, I posted on fb status, this: .i just have to ask why can’t men be honest and say they just aren’t into you, instead you have to figure it out when they go cold. For the love of god are they worried you’re going to go psycho and take a sledgehammer to their head or something or do they simply not care? Men Suck!!! I’ll be sure to raise my son to not treat women that way, I feel so much better. What are your thoughts on this whole thing? Just curious.. any input is valid… thanks,

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 10:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• Well to me this would say that he was just looking for a piece of ass
    Sorry hon :(

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• yup i totally agree. right now i feel all men are dicks and that's because they can only think with their dick... HAha.. i wasn't going to put it that way on fb though, what do you think of my fb status that i put?
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Yeah, I don't really muddy up my FB with things that personal. I figure if the ball is in their court and they don't bother to play it, then I will find another court to play on.
    Just be glad you didn't give into having sex and then end up finding out you were a one night stand.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Been out of the dating seen for almost 25 years. It sound like it has not changed at all. The same games.

Answer by louise2 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I think being passive aggressive is childish
    If he's worth a 2nd shot,talk to him in person,or call him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• My advice is to quit using Facebook to air your laundry. It's immature and that really comes across to people.

Yeah, he's not the right one. But I caution against tarring all men with the same brush
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I agree with BB and Mrs. Prissy, you were childish in your response to the whole situation. You should have just asked him if you were wondering.

As a side note, playing video games isn't a big deal. I know a lot of men and women who play and it isn't an indication of immaturity. Though the game he is playing would bother me. IMO.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• they may not be worried about a sledgehammer but after your comment, it's pretty obvious they have to be worried about being bashed via social network.

Seriously. Grow up a little bit. This ain't high school. Delete the post mind and your manners.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, hostile jokes, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

ok i disagree but that's ok.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Sounds like he was after sex, and when he didn't get it, he backed off. I'm sorry.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2013