Nero played while Rome burned? What do you think of this statement?

I had a friend who posted this and showed Obama playing golf yesterday. She went along with a rant about how he should have been working.
Now, I am not an Obama fan, but when I posted, There really is nothing he can do at this point, so why shouldn't he play golf, he isn't the king of America!
I got a very nasty message that said she noticed all of my gay marriage postings, and was wondering if I am truly straight. LOL!
Now mind you I unfriended her (I wasn't trying to piss her off by my statement) but am sure the fact she goes to church with 99% of my family, and I went to high school and college with her, I am going to get questions about me unfriending her, what to say?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• And when you think about it, a lot of people may not even NOTICE the unfriending. I'm sure I've been unfriended by lots of people but I've never really noticed. Nor do I care.

If someone makes a big deal about being unfriended on Facebook that tells me a lot about their shallowness.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I am going to get questions about me unfriending her, what to say?

That's a private matter. I do not wish to discuss it.

Anything else is going to make you look petty. As petty as questioning someone's sexuality based on their support of human rights.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• You don't have to say anything. I wouldn't.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• In a sense, I see where she's coming from. The US is going to hell in a handbasket, and all anyone wants to do is blame the other side of the aisle for the problems we're in right now. I can also see where she's mad that our national leader is out playing golf instead of gathering congress together to fix this problem. I'm pissed that so little is being done. He's not the king of America, but Obama IS our elected leader. It does not appear that he is doing a damn thing to get us out of this hole we're in. It looks more and more like he's just digging it deeper.

As for the unfriending and all that, it's nobody's business but yours. You don't owe anyone an explanation.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I am sure she will make a big deal out of it, she should be in that other poster's question about tattle tales, LOL. I just didn't want to have a debate with her about my beliefs or hers, already she has sent me a new friend request!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2013