6 year old daughter with breast buds? anyone have any info on this or experience with this adult content

I had posted about this a couple of weeks ago and since my daughter still had the issue and it actually had grown a little wider i took her back to the pediatrician yesterday and he sent me for a sono. the sono came back reporting that it's breast tissue. the ped said not to be concerned but to take her to a ped endocrinologist to make sure he isn't missing anything. he doesn't see any signs though of early puberty. today i spoke to him, i couldn't get in to see the endo until dec 2nd and he said that he spoke to the endo and it's possible my dd had a serge of estrogen and the breast tissue will go away on it's own. he said if it starts to bother her, grows more or we are very anxious about it to call him and he will make a call to get us in with the endo sooner and she will do blood work and a sono on her belly....what would she be checking w another sono?

i am very stressed about this but my husband wants me to wait and not put my dd through more tests if she doesn't need

salpal926

Asked by salpal926 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Kids' Health

• I agree wait for the endo in Dec.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Is she chubby? My now 12 year old was a chubby girl, she is now flat as a pancake, she had "breast buds" at this age, but it was due to growth spurts, my now 7 year old boy, has "breast buds" because he is chubby, it is for the most part normal, and unless she is getting hair in parts she shouldn't at this age, your husband is correct.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I think I'd wait for the December appointment. It's not THAT far out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• l woudl wait as well
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• My daughter was 7 when I was putting sunblock on her and noticed little hard pea sized lumps in her chest. Turned out that it was breast buds. She's almost 11 now and she's just starting to develop (lord help me). So I wouldn't worry too much.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• My 7 year old sd had them. she is 10 now and still fine. She was just really tall for her age.
    Nessy2005

Answer by Nessy2005 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• How much does she weigh?
    Maybe she's just chubby.
    Mycutelittleboy

Answer by Mycutelittleboy at 8:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• she isn't chubby and as actually one of the smallest in hight and in size of her friends. she is on the petite side. my mom did tell me that i was an early developer though and i had similar body to hers. i was just busty....thanks for everyones comments!
    salpal926

Comment by salpal926 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2013