• In the Spotlight:

What the heck is this?

Every time I stand up I get this intense pain in my pelvic bone and that general area. It just makes me want to scream. I feel like this baby is going to pop out of there every time I stand. Anyone else know what the heck this is? I asked my OB she said maybe just pressure, but doesn't seem like it's going away.

P.S.
I'm 39 weeks, so could it be the baby's head pushing there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I swear Kaylee would try to stick her whole head behind my hip bone, lol, and it felt a lot like what you are describing. It will change with the babies position.

Also, when baby is pushing down in the birth canal and helping you become effaced - effacement in the cervix thinning...think of it like flattening out a cork. Babies head is pushing on the top of it helping it become flatter/thinner, which will in return help you dilate. I remember feeling this pain too, and it felt like the baby was gonna fall out, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yes it is pains due to the stretching and pressure from the babys head. It will go away when baby changes possition or when she gets out lol it was like that off and on for me during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• (poster) I can't even cough without getting a pain. I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this. I guess the only way this is gonna stop is labor LOL. I just thought it was unusual because I never got this the first time around. I keep thinking this baby is stuck. Then I take a deep breath and relax. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2009