Is there a way to report an incident to an airman's chain of command?

My SIL was verbally attacked by an airman and his wife today, after posting this as her Facebook status:

"Hi friends....Oct 10, 11, &12 is fall break. I will be off work these 3 days. I'd love to find a couple kids to watch at my house. I'm available any time those 3 days. I will watch kids of any age and price is negotiable. I will also be available to watch kiddos any of the Norman Public schools out days....including snow days. Please keep me in mind for your kids or friends kids. Thanks!! Please share this and help me get the word out!!!!"

It spiraled out of control when the airman's wife chimed in and started in on her. We're all in complete shock, there's only 1 person she knows mutually with this airman, and has no idea why he felt he needed to say the things he did, and then why the wife continued in making threats after being asked not to post on the status... then came the texts and phone calls. Meanwhile, my SIL, trying to get her 4 children through cheer practice had to turn her phone off because of the extent of harassment.

I know, it's ridiculous! What's the world coming to over facebook? Facebook, really? C'mon. It's called NETWORKING, not THREAT-FORUM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Military

• Get a Messenger Pigeon. Put a note in his claw :P
    Anonymous

• well you can report whatever you want to his CO however it is facebook and unless they threatened harm what are they going to do?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Block them and let it go. Yes ti was immature but what do you think his CO is going to do for you?
    Anonymous

• Was it his wife or him? What exactly was said?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• When it all comes down to it, I would let it go, they could say someone was on the account blah blah, better to let it go.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• At the risk of being accused of being rude I'm going with... what is his CO going to do about petty FB drama?? She needs to block them and walk away!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• It was totally uncalled for, and yes, immature.

he said, "how about instead of asking for a job on facebook you get off your lazy ass and go out and find one?"

SIL said, "Wow. I don't know you, and obviously you don't know me but I have a job and work very hard to support myself and 4 young kids completely on my own."

Wife came in with, "You have no idea who we are and you better watch out who you're bossing around because Karma will come back and bite you in the ass."

(Some other friends claiming they don't know these people, and sorry he came out bashing her because SIL didn't deserve it... no one is further addressing either of them at this point.)

"Wow, children!"

"Honey, ever heard of a little thing called FREEDOM OF SPEECH?"

"You have no idea who you're dealing with, and you need to think about changing the privacy settings on your page if you don't want the public to comment."
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• It's not a military issue. That would be like telling my husbands boss that he broke a dinner plate at home.
    Stop getting wrapped up in drama.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Then the calls started, 4 in less than 2 minutes.
    Then the texts, while calls continued...

"Why don't you answer your phone?"
    "You need to quit bein such a damn pussy and answer your phone when someone calls you."
    "You better hope I never find you."

It's not even about the facebook stuff to her, she's more agitated that they have her number now and have been harassing her. I didn't think if she filed a police report that they could do anything about it on base, that you had to file with the chain of command? (With what would be harassment charges?)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• did she really publish her number on FB????? That was stupid to be honest.
    All she had to do was block them.
    And its true fix your privacy settings and people you do not know cant harass you
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2013