Weight Watchers

My mom and I are going to be joining meetings this Friday. I did meetings years ago, but that was a different program. Can anyone tell me what tools I need to buy after I sign up? I'm mostly curious if they still use paper sliders to figure out points, or if it's now a requirement to buy an electronic calculator.

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• There's a plastic point calculator, it looks like a little calculator and you can keep it in your purse. I think it's free when you join, but I'm not sure. I think the app is free as long as you're a member. They also still have the books for dining out and grocery shopping that give you points, those you pay for if you want them.

One of the things I love....they have a set of serving ladels (work as spoons) that are like measuring cups 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup and 1 cup that make measuring your servings really simple.

Good luck!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I'm honestly not sure Ginger. I did WW online and didn't need any of those tools; just a regular bathroom scale and measuring cups/spoons. I'm not clear on what the difference would be with an "in person" meeting.

Good luck to you though. My daughter and I had great success on WW
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I'd just get the app. It eliminates the calculator, paper journals, and all those books with restaurant menus and recipes.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I did it years ago, before the Internet, but I mostly just followed a printed book wit my aunt that assigned points to different foods. I did find their frozen entrees to be tasty and filling lunch options at work. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• These days you need next to nothing. There's no calculation like there used to be. I do it online - much simpler. I wish I could go to meetings though (for the support) but there aren't any near where I live. I think you'll find it MUCH easier than you used to!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I did it years ago. I just jotted down points on a scrap piece of paper.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2013