Help.. my poor dog has fleas

my poor dog has fleas I noticed a day ago she was scratching and low and behold.... :( we also have cats they don't seem to be affected but im not positive... my dog is not coverd in them but still and my husband and I are not being attacked what do I do? and what can I do for the cats... any ideas...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2013 in Pets

• Flea medication.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• flea bath
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Bath then Frontline.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• ok so bath for the animals... any tips on the cats... and a bath... a heads up I guess.. will I have to bomb my house also?? I have never had to deal with fleas :( so really am new at this...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Flea medication for all the animals and vacuum your house. They are just fleas, not the plague.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Ask your vet?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Get something from your vet for ALL of the animals in the house. DO NOT get any of the over the counter crap like Hartz. That stuff has killed cats.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• Use dawn soap on them! It kills the fleas right off. Cats can hide having fleas better then dogs. Then use front line on them and possibly bomb your house for fleas.
    Cmekjfink5

Answer by Cmekjfink5 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Ugh. I'm going through this too. Just took the dog to the vet to get a flea bath followed by front line. While he was out we had an exterminator. $400 later, the fleas are back!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• When my cat got fleas we medicated her, vacuumed the steam cleaned the carpets with borax and water. Fleas gone!

Answer by missanc at 6:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2013