Why do we not care?

Why do we not care that we are losing our future generations rights and their money? We had a president that was commander in chief during a terrorist attack, Katrina, the Midwest Floods, and an economy on the brink of disaster. During his time in office he racked up a trillion dollar debt over the 8 year period. Now we have a new president and he has racked up over a trillion dollars in debt in less than 100 days in office. And we haven't even gotten to Hurricane season yet or had an attack or anything. Just the economy. So, when do we start to care?

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When do people start to have faith?
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 11:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We care, but damn the man hasn't even been in office for 2 whole months yet. Give him a chance. He came into office at a real bad time, its not his fault the economy is crap. He walked into this mess, and he is going to try to fix it. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better, and if you have any life experience at all you know that this is true. So sit tight for a little while, pinch pennies and take care of your family, and let the man do his job. Its definitely not an easy one.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Why do you think we don't care? I have seen many ladies here, on both sides, voice their concerns about the stimulus and bailouts.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yea who said we didn't care? People need to give the new president time hell its not going to happen over night,he came into a mess he's not a miracle worker
    FTBALLMOF2BOYS

Answer by FTBALLMOF2BOYS at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree with CarolynBarnett. Most employers tell you you have that 90 day window in which to learn your job or get let go, but everyone wants to trash Obama before he has a chance to try to do anything. I voted for him, and you know what, maybe he will screw it all up even worse. And if he does, then I won't vote for him again. But I will give him, and would have given McCain had he won, the chance to try to fix it before I just go blaming. Life sucks for everyone right now, he can't be expected to take care of it all right out of the gate. He's doing what he can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree, I was not for Obama as president, but we can't change that, so let's give him a chance. We do care, though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No, we can not change the fact that he is our president. I just have a hard time understanding why there was so much bush bashing for 8 years of debt and obama has racked up basically the same amount in under 100 days.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• CarolynBarnett: what he did was rack up more debt than most presidents if not all, have racked up their entire term in office.. and he's only been there for less than 30 days. Not a good thing. Not a good thing at all. Especially when the debt he racked up is going to be spent mostly on the government and pet projects, rather than saving us from our economy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• He has to FIX the problems his predeccor left behind. Why can't people understand that?
    Anonymous

• op. i get what you are saying. I would have given him a chance.. if he would have given us a chance to really help with the bill.. and if he had removed the pet projects and garbage.. but he didn't. By not taking the time to listen to the majority of the people, and not thinking about them first, he's screwed up. If he had posted the bill and listened to the millions of letters addressing the bill, and changed it, so it would actually help the economy, and allowed for those signing it to actually take the time to read it.. then I would back him up... but he didn't. So yeah, I'm not happy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009