Is an obnoxiously high sex drive normal in the second trimester? adult content

I'm 15 weeks along, and for the past week or so I've switched from normal to overdrive! I went from being okay with like a few times a week to just wanting sex all the time! The other day, I climbed on top of my boyfriend in the morning while he was still sleeping and managed to keep him asleep while doing my thing, and just laid back down next to him and went back to sleep after. The count that night to the next morning ended up being 12 on my end, and that's craaazy. Today, my mouth was like, watering and I was just craving sex and sex related things. Is this normal? I only see my boyfriend a couple times a week so it kinda sucks, but I've still got myself. Did this happen to anybody else? Just go from normal to your body just aching and craving sex?! It makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

ElsaH

Asked by ElsaH at 1:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's pretty common. It didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine called herself a crazed weasel during the middle of her pregnancy because she couldn't wait for her husband to get home from work so she could be all over him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Yes, it's pretty common and nothing to worry about. :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Yep - enjoy!

Answer by missanc at 6:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• It's normal! But I'm having the exact opposit though, I just don't feel like it, and cannot be bothered! I'm almost 15 weeks, Kinda wish I had some if your hormones!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Totally normal.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I find that weird I'm 24 weeks and mine is completely gone. Nowhere in sight. No urges and sex grosses me out now. My boyfriend and I use to a couple times a day now he's lucky if it's once a month and that's only cause he nags me to death about it.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2013