Please tell me this is a reliable !?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/10/01/which-lawmakers-will-refuse-their-pay-during-the-shutdown/

With it being a blog I am hesitant to believe it but I so want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I had heard about the few from my state (nc) that are doing it. Glad to see it's not an isolated instance.

Answer by missanc at 7:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• A lot of them have asked for their pay to either be withheld or are donating it. I'm sure the anger from their constituents that they shouldn't get paid if they are refusing to do their jobs is more than they anticipated.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• They are all multimillionaires. Purely symbolic .
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I hope at least some of them do. Making sure they got paid while so many others won't really blew any last shred of credibility those politicians had with a lot of people.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• They may refuse it now, since the spotlight is on them, but what about later, when everything opens back up and all backpay is issued? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they took the money then.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• The fact that some in Congress would risk a shutdown in order to score political points demonstrates why Congress is currently held in lower regard than head lice." LOL, at least one guy appears to get it (Rep. Derek Kilmer (D-Wash.))
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Donating to charities is all good and fine, but what about donating to those folks who worked and/or will be working throughout this shut down but won't get paid? IF I were in their shoes, I'd be finding out the names of those who are getting it up the ass (and not in a friendly matter), and giving my paycheck to THEM who have families who NEED that money.

(Oh, and no one from my state is on that list. For shame.)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I'm proud of Ohio. Looks like at least 5 of them are coming from here. I like the donations to the food banks as that's where a lot of people will be going to survive.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Yes, this list is indeed accurate.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2013