Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I moved my business to another location where I did not need TV service. Also moved to a different house, but used another TV service.

When I moved, Comcast informed me I still had 1 more year on my "contract". The year is up. Now they are telling me the contract was actually until 2015 and in order to get out of it, I have to pay over $2000. If I don't pay, there will be a credit issue. Also they are the telephone providers and that service will be cut and I MUST have it. What are my solutions?

Answer Question

Asked by anniemitchell at 12:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2013 in Entertainment

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Call back & speak to a Manager on duty. See if you can get another package for a lower rate altogether. I bet you can. Even if you get TV too.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

  • Do you have a copy iof the contract?
    If not ask them for a copy so you can read what your obligations and options are. Then speak to a manager, in person if possible.

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

  • I don't know of any "contract" with comcast.
    Return your equipment (boxes, modems), or be disconnected for non-payment

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

  • Look at your contract. You may have the right to seek arbitration.

    Answer by Ballad at 2:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

  • switch to verizon!! Comcast sucks!!! Look at your paperwork from the time you signed up... it should say when your contract is up!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.