• In the Spotlight:

At&t vs Verizon

Who do you have? Which is better? We have been with Cingular now At&t since 2003. But i have been contemplating switching to verizon as i think they are having better service around our area. But i am not sure. I have heard that they bill you for like 2 months in advance. Is that true. Our bill runs around $120.00 per month for our tho phones and i coudnt afford a double bill if i changed. Plus At&t has rollover minutes which we have a lot of. Who do you think is better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• verizon hands down. there service doesn't compare with anyone elses.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Verizon is wonderful! I have never had a dropped call and I never lose service in certain areas. I really do love it.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Well it depends on where you are located. If you are in the country (like me) Verizon probably won't pick up very well. At&t seems to be good to me. Although, I currently have Verizon, it is okay if you live in town or somewhere like that.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I love AT&T - especially the rollover minutes and the free nights & weekends and the free calls to any other AT&T customer.
    Isn't Verizon the one where you can only pick a certain number of people that are free?

I live in the mountains and have no trouble getting a signal. When it was still Cingular there used to be one or two areas in town where I couldn't get a signal - once the switch was made to AT&T I can get a signal everywhere.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 11:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I can go out in the mountains or way out in the country and I still get service out here where other people don't with Verizon. You get free in-network calling and they offer an option of getting like 5 numbers free if you want. But everyone I know uses Verizon so it doesn't matter to me. Where I live, AT&T drops calls all of the time. Nobody likes it around here.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i have veizon, with long distance, unlimited roaming, and unlimited text, with about 1400 minutes between two phone and spen about 130 a month. but i would say look at the coverage maps and compare, which ever has the best coverage where you are and will be spending alot of time, i would go with them (thats how we chose)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have Verizon and I LOVE it. I have had Sprint and T-Mobil, and contemplated AT&T when we got our new cell phones, but after talking to various people, everyone said Verizon was better and I have to agree. We get excellent coverage, even in areas where other people's AT&T does not. We have traveled across the country with our cell phones and we got coverage in almost every area. I think there were a few very very remote areas that we didn't get coverage, mostly through lower Utah. We get 700 minutes per month on our family plan, and we have the child and parent chaperone for our son's phone, and we only pay about $100 per month. They also have free nights and weekends, and I think any verizon phone you call is free.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=viewFSPlanList&sortOption=priceSort&typeId=2&subTypeId=73&catId=1750
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have AT&T ... but only because DH works for them and gets a discount on the cell phone bill :)

I like the service. I used to have Verizon before we got married and I didn't notice a difference between the services. I really like our rollover minutes and the free nights and weekends.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have Verizon and have since 1996 (well, it wasn't Verizon back then). My whole family is on Verizon so I can talk to anyone for as long as I want without a charge (free "in" calling). I haven't had any trouble with dropped calls or no service in areas where they have service. Their "new every 2" is a great way to update your phone if you feel the need.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I love at&t. I have their cell,internet and home phone....never any problem
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009