Now that I am remarried, is it wrong to post pictures on Facebook of my kids' special events if their dad (my ex) is in the photo?

My new husband was furious that I posted a couple of pics that a friend of mine took of my son earning his Tenderfoot rank. The parents go up to the front with their son while they are presented their badges, so my ex and I were in the photos. I wanted to share my son's achievement with my friends and family on Facebook, but my husband was furious I posted pics of my ex. I ended up deleting the two photos and unfortunately, didn't have any others of my son during his actual special moment. My husband is tired of my ex's involvement in our sons' lives and now he wants to leave the marriage. I think it is good that my ex is involved in his boys' lives, after all, he divorced me, not the kids, but my husband doesn't see it that way.

palike

Asked by palike at 3:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• So, because your new husband is all butthurt, you're supposed to limit your boys relationships with their father? Yeah, I don't freaking think so. Look, I hate my ex with a passion. He has no involvement in my kids lives, by his own choice. But if he DID choose to be involved, I would make sure that relationship was as solid as it could be, because MY SONS deserve that. And I would protect that, to the point of divorcing a man who tries to interfere in that. I can hate my ex all I want, but he's still their father and if he'd chosen to be around, I would have made sure that no one around me, including myself or a new husband, interfered in that.

Your counselor is wrong. Your husband is wrong. They both need to get on board with the fact that Dad is around, he's involved, he loves his kids and that's not changing. If they can't, fire them both.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Does your husband think that your ex should just disappear from your son's (and yours) just because you're divorced? You 2 are joined forever because you share a child.
    He's acting like you posted a pic of you 2 making out or something

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Red flags about this guy. He is threatened by your sons' father being involved in their lives and that is a problem. Don't alienate their dad. This guy will never be their father.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• The more you post the more psycho the DH sounds and the stupider the counselor sounds! So he is calling his kids and you guys aren't there so DH doesn't even know about it unless he checks the caller ID. Seriously, get the fuck out of there now!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Wow, was your new hubby like this before y'all got married? Personally, I'd let him walk out the door and not come back.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I saw let him leave, better yet RUN away.

HUGE red flags going up here. He doesn't want your ex involved in your son's life at all, which is a big deal breaker.

He sounds very controlling and it will only get worse
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Here is the thing, the ex is the boys father, NOT the dh. He needs to deal with the fact that in some respects he is an outsider. Yes, he can be involved in the boys lives, but he is not their dad and he can't dictate what they can and can't do with their dad. It is stupid for him to get upset about this as he knew what he was getting into before he married you. As long as your ex isn't randomly showing up at the house or calling to talk to YOU at all hours then your DH needs to butt out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• and the counselor is saying that if I don't create more bounderies with my ex,

like what?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Your new husband is being a jackass. If he's worked up enough over this to leave the marriage, though, chances are he has wanted out anyway and this is just a convenient excuse. I'm not sure if I would have posted the picture with your ex on FB--that's kind of a gray area maybe--but your kids deserve to have their dad in their lives, and your new man needs to get the hell over it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• your ex is not a control freak.
    he is an involved father.
    your marital issues are not his problem

" Everything was fine for the most part before we got married,"
    you knew going into this that your new husband was going to behave badly.
    deal with your DH without punishing the kids or the ex

and fire the damn therapist. they sound like a second spouse
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2013