Is my apple cider bad?

I have a jug of White House apple cider that my mom gave me....awhile back, its never been opened. The expiration date is Dec 2013. I pulled it out of the pantry today while cleaning and it has stuff floating in it. The pantry is cool and dark where its been hanging out.
I'm not familiar with store-brought apple cider, so I don't know if it naturally contains bits of apples and whatnot like home made does, or if its mold or something growing in there. It'd be weird if it was mold, seeing as how its still sealed and not expired. The container isn't bulging or anything. A Google search kept pulling up results for apple cider vinegar, so I thought I'd ask here.

.Peaches.

Asked by .Peaches. at 6:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yes. It is bad.
    Anonymous

• That brand is unfiltered. Open it and smell it. Does the container say it needs refridgeration?
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• ^^I was trying to avoid smelling it LOL
    I just popped it open...smells like apples, nothing boozy smelling. Its White House brand, and it says refrigerate after opening.
    .Peaches.

Comment by .Peaches. (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Great. I bet it is delicious.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I would NOT drink it. Botulism comes to mind. :P
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• I am guessing this is the all natural cidar they make? If so it is unfiltered and will have some 'pulp' in it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Botulism would cause the container to swell- that's one of the first indicators.

I believe it is natural and unfiltered, it doesn't say on the label, but I'm gonna check the website to see if it has any more info, because it looks more like pieces of apple (I just poured some into a cup) than mold. It was hard to tell through that plastic.
    .Peaches.

Comment by .Peaches. (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Yup, its unfiltered.
    .Peaches.

Comment by .Peaches. (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Nothing wrong with it. It's not kept refrigerated most places you buy it, so if the date is still good, it's okay.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• it's fine.
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 7:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2013