How often did you indulge in your pregnancy cravings? What were some of your favorite and strangest things to eat?

I am constantly craving vanilla milkshakes and french fries. I will allow myself to indulge once a week.

In the beginning of my pregnancy I craved cheeseburgers and steak hoagies...well, more like it would for some reason ease my sour stomach (very strange because you'd think it would make nausea worse) and I'd indulge OFTEN...of course this caused some unwanted weight gain lol

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Mashed potatoes. I couldn't get enough of them. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• it depended on what i was craving. the healthy stuff, salsa, apples, hard boiled eggs, and cheese, i indulged every time. but the chocolate pudding, oreos, and chips, i let myself have once a week or so. if the craving lasted more than a day, i indulged haha. and i never stopped myself from having a small amount of ice cream whenever i wanted :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• Watermelon
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2013

• spicy yakisoba noodles have been an every day craving and depending on what ive eaten i let myself have them with dinner. i lost 25 pounds at the beginning of the pregnancy so my doctor encouraged me to give in to cravings if it meant me being able to eat something and keep it down. today i wanted french fries with bbq sauce, a cookie and a scoop of ice cream. all at the same time. that was pretty weird.
    ElsaH

Answer by ElsaH at 12:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Chicken chalupas from Taco Bell. DH worked 2nd shift and got off work just in time to get there before they closed if he left immediately. About twice a week I'd call at the end of his shift (small company, wasn't a big deal). After the first month, they just answered the phone, "yeah, we'll tell him".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• It's really tough when you're craving unhealthy foods. I used to feel so guilty any time I indulged. My unhealthiest craving was the raw chocolate chip cookie dough I craved with my second pregnancy. The weirdest I experienced with him was that I craved hot sauce on EVERYTHING, to the point of being gross about it. I can't fathom doing it now, but at the time I didn't see the problem with putting Tapatio hot sauce into my meatloaf, tuna noodle casserole, etc. I figured I wanted it spicy so everyone was going to have it spicy. I've never been reasonable during pregnancy.

The worst with my first baby was craving hot dogs. I hated hot dogs, but at the time I had to have them from Woody's hot dog stand outside of Lowe's. Especially bad when you're awake at 2 am, wanting a hot dog. I also craved raw tomatoes, and hated those before getting pregnant. I ate them like apples.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I ate what I wanted. I'm an "everything in moderation" kind of gal. The only warning I got from my doc was after I came back from my honeymoon. I had gained a few extra pounds, but hey, with all the buffets and stuff, anyone would!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• With my first I craved raisin bran.cereal with sliced tomatoes on top. For awhile I ate it every day. Gag
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2013