Serious hip pain?

My left hip has been driving me nuts for about a month now, but it's getting worse. I'm due April 1st. If this continues to worsen, I don't think I'll be able to walk at all! Every morning when I wake up, it's a struggle to get up out of bed because of the popping and sharp pains in my hip. I'm glad it's only the left side, because I would certainly not be able to move if it were both sides! I wake my husband up several times a night because every time I change positions, the pain wakes me up and I yelp! After I walk around for a couple of hours in serious pain, it eventually gets a little better, but still, every step I take my joint pops. I haven't asked my doctor about it yet- I have an appointment in a week. I know that your joints loosen up with pregnancy, but I didn't experience anything like this with my first pregnancy. Will a doctor actually do anything to help, or will they just tell me it's normal?

winkie_pinkie

Asked by winkie_pinkie at 11:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Also wondering if all of this walking on a joint that pops everytime you move it or shift your weight could cause permanent damage? I don't think I could handle this forever!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• booth mine do it with every pregnancy i had sorry hun
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I had it in my right hip. My doctor recomended physical therapy as there are some stretches you can do to help with the pain. I hope it gets better for you soon!!
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• ugghhh, horrible isn't it? The only thing i have found that helps provide any relief is to sit on an excercise ball and talk a hot bath whenever you can. I'm sorry :( hang in there hon.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009