For those in the Military, Sam's club is offerring free membership until the shut down is over

Here are the details

http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2013/10/free-military-sams-club-membership-shutdown-ends.html

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 6:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2013 in Military

• I think it's a really nice gesture. In regard to some of the other comments: try directing your anger at the person/people who is really responsible for this mess, and be very careful to do your research before deciding who that is. You may be very surprised. I've quit trying to persuade people to my way of thinking, because it is pointless. All the information is out there, and it takes quite a while to find it all. So don't just go to one or two sources and make your decision; do some digging. Our country is in big, big trouble.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• It is a good publicity move, one that I applaud. Any group that is willing to do something to attempt to make life less burdensome for military families is doing a good thing imo.

Yes, louise, they will be making a profit from you. They are a business, and that's what businesses do. I'm angry for you all that the commissaries are closed. That's wrong, flat-out wrong. It's cruel manipulation toward the one group of Americans that deserves to be protected and cared for. All it's doing is making people who know what this is costing you angry.

Wal-Mart made a good business decision by making this offer to military families. It's your choice to accept it or not.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I think it is win-win- the company makes money and military families get a price break.

Answer by Bmat at 7:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I think they always offer a free day pass if you pay cash too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Nice gesture. Sam's Club Is a good way to save money if you can buy in bulk, and personally, I think their meat is of very high quality.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Of course they are. It is all about the money. Profiting off if us. Because we can not go to the Commissary.

Answer by louise2 at 7:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I would suggest folks call ahead because from what I read yesterday a lot of the Sams were not participating in this!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Louise you do not have to go. It is an option for any one that wants it.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 7:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• The only price they are waving is the yearly fee probably to shop their. I know I can shop their once free of charge. So they are not doing me a favor really. and we have compared their prices to walmats and other stores in our area. They are not cheaper really. If you break down the bulk price.

Answer by louise2 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Yes it is the yearly fee. And it is only during the shut down. I find many things that are better priced than Walmart or others and some not to much. The meat quality is very good as well. I am not telling anyone to shop at this store. I shop a lot at Aldi's too. I was simply passing on information to anyone who might want it.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2013