Would you have a baby in a hospital with a 40% cesarean rate?

Maybe you already did. Check here http://www.cesareanrates.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You have a voice when it is time to deliver your baby. If you have knowledge then you have the power to do what you want & opt out of an unnecessary C-section regardless of what Hospital you deliver in.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• this is a damn advert for a domain hosting site
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Yes. As long as I trusted my OB (and I did), the hospital rates don't matter much to me.

Answer by missanc at 8:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• sorry I left off the s www.cesareanrates.com
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Maybe they specailize in high risk pregnancy, maybe they have a neo-natal unit that is fantastic, there can be many reasons to have a C-section, In our town, we have a hospital that if you are deemed high risk, or the baby is deemed high risk, the strongly suggest you go there, as to be able to care for the infant the best they can.
    If that is where my doctor wanted me to have birth, and I trusted him, I would.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I don't click on random links from anons.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I did and had no choice in the matter. It was the specialist hospital for high risk pregnancies in the region. Mine was a high risk pregnancy. I had 43 hours of labour before they decided to do an emergency c-section.

Statistics aren't everything.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Mine's not on the list!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I did twice. The hospital I had DD in was 40% and the hospital where DS was born is 41.6%. I gave birth to both of them vaginally. If at any point in my labor and delivery things went south and they recommended a c-section to safely deliver the baby then that's what I would have done.

Is this just a public service announcement, or do you have a point?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Granted the figures are a little off because they're from 2012 and not the years I gave birth, but my first was born in a hospital with 30.1%, and my second was born in a hospital with 36.6%. I expected the first hospital to be a lot higher than the second. With my first I knew nothing and trusted everything my doctor told me, with my 2nd I had a clue what I expected and wanted, and didn't have a problem letting my feelings be known. Neither of my kids were delivered by caesarian, but I would have opted for the emergency CS with my 2nd due to his heart rate dropping so rapidly. Thankfully I was already feeling the urge to push when that happened.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2013