Do you have any birthday traditions?

I always buy myself a dutch apple pie and eat it over the next few days
I get it to myself,because no one else likes it

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2013 in Holidays

• I get pie instead of cake, because I don't like cake all that much. The type of pie varies, though. My last birthday I got a coconut cream from Marie Calendar's restaurant.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• We have a few. In fact, youngest's birthday was yesterday and we're celebrating tomorrow.

We do birthday dinners. The birthday person gets to pick what they want for dinner - it used to be one dinner and they could pick to eat out or something homemade and if it was homemade, everyone had to eat it even if it's not something you're a fan of. But now we do a whole weekend, and there's one birthday meal out (fast food or nice restaurant, their choice) on Saturday and one homemade meal on Sunday.

For the kids, on the weekend we celebrate their birthday, they also get to pick the movie for family movie night. And of course, they pick their cake and ice cream, decorations for the cake, etc.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• My husband always orders me TWO Marie Calendar Strawberry Banana Cream Pies...one to share and one just for me. I always share them both because I couldn't possibly eat a whole one by myself, but I think it's sweet.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I guess I do let him pick a birthday dinner for DS's birthday. Didn't think about that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Nope, no birthday traditions here.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• OK then happy early B-Day! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Yum! Sounds like a good "to you, from you" present to me. Happy birthday.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• We either got the birthday persons fav place to eat or cook thier favorite food.
    Children under 18 get a party and we are a little party happy, so they are not small. They turn into cookouts normally in the nicer months and colder months they turn into game nigh with the entire side of the family that lives closest.

We also go to TN every other year for LO's b-day so that my side of the family can share in celebrating.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• We do birthday doughnuts and bacon for breakfast. There is a doughnut shop about 3 blocks from here that we go to. We try to go on the birthday, but move it to the weekend if it is not possible on the actual birthday. Everyone in the family goes and the birthday person eats the maple bacon doughnut.

And we usually go out to dinner with the inlaws.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Is today your Birthday BB? If so....

blowing candles

Happy Birthday!!!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2013