question on glucose test

i had my glucose test on tuesday and i had a headache before i had the drink, after i did my headache went away, but what im wondering is why everytime i get a headache and i eat something sweet it goes away a little? has anyone else been trough this and what's the reason for it, as im also craving for something sweet everyday.

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 11:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Low blood sugar can cause headaches, and if you were fasting (I assume that you were) then that would cause low blood sugar, and so the drink that was full of sugar would help you feel better.

A good way to combat this is to eat many snacks throughout the day, full of natural sugar, such as fruit.

Also, be sure to ask your doctor at your next appointment about it, and he may have other suggestions for you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• like the above post said it was probably low blood suger due to not eating.
    make sure you are eating small meals through out the whole day that will help lots.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• well i had a really good breakfast before my appointment, and the really bad thing is that my obgyn wont spend more than 5 minutes with me, as this is a government doctor and ahccess is paying all of my appointments and my delivery, so i guess i never have time to ask her anything thats sad!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 11:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you're craving sweets you could be dehydrated and/or not getting enough protein.

It is not okay for ANY doctor to neglect ANY patient's concerns.
    I recommend that you write a list of questions on paper and as SOON as you see your doctor in the next appointment, first say "I need to ask a few questions off my list." He can't say, "only one" or "no."
    This helps to keep the focus and remind this doctor to work together with you for good maternity care.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009