I have a cute light blue sided house. The shutters are really faded, yellowing and I would like to know what color to paint? Thanks

I love antiques and primitives. The house faces the front of a street (busy). There is like a large blank side of the front of the house with no windows, then the door and then the two living room windows.

Nancy J.

Asked by Nancy J. at 11:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2013 in Home & Garden

• How about chocolate brown, what color is your front door? I think a really bright yellow or red front door and chocolate brown shutters would be very cute.
    I love the way light blue and dark brown look together, just make sure if you have cool blue to get a cool brown and vice versa.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I think black or white shutters are pretty with light blue.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I would go with white or a darker blue.

Answer by louise2 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I would go white if you have a light blue, and I like the idea of a pop of color for the front door, if you happen to have a pic of your exterior so we can see what kind of blue we might better be able to help!!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Dark brown or black. What color is your house?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Ahh, nevermind. Saw you said light blue. I stick with the black or dark brown suggestion.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I would paint them white.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• If you have one large blank wall that faces the street, I have also seen really cool iron work like in a sunshine or star that is huge that can go on the outside of the house.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I love the traditional light blue with white trim myself.

This is the front view of my dream house. I have always loved a light blue house with white trim, and a front porch like this one, but have never lived in such a house. As I head to retirement years, a huge house is too much for me. This size looks perfect!

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• A white or a light beige on the blue would be pretty
    Are you only painting the shutters?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2013