Katy Perry for kids? edit

DD LOVES Katy Perry. She loves all the songs that play on the radio. I have to admit I have become partial to some of hem myself. Now I understand that some of the songs on the radio are more teenage themed and there is only one where I was a little weird about her learning the lyrics so we kind of skim past that one (Last Friday Night). Other than that one I am not to worried about the words or themes. I am considering getting her the newest CD for Christmas. While she is almost 6 she is very into music of all varieties and we try not to stifle that interest. I just don't know much about the CD in general. Commonsensemedia.com only rates the individual singles and not the CD as a whole so I was hoping for a few opinions from other musically open minded parents.

Okay I found it on Commonsensemedia.com and they say 14...I am so torn now... 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah,that's not a good CD for such a young kid
    Couldn't you just download a few of her favorite songs you approve of?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Well most of the songs are not for kids. Such as one saying let me see your peacock, don't be shy...something about showing me what is under there. Most of the songs are very mature. I like her but it's not for my kid.
    Anonymous

• I think there's definitely a difference in exposing her to different types of music and exposing her to different topics addressed in music.
    Kids grow up too fast....content in what they listen to and what they watch really affect them.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 6:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• At the daycare I work at the kids are always singing her songs. My kids listen to her. I think she's fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2013