What would you do

so hubby has bern working alot ,so I thought .he tells me im working late and instead of working late he goes to a bar near by.the only reason why I know is bc my mom passed by the bar and saw the car there.I believe her bc I tryied calling him and be did answer and then he called me back to tell me he is getting off now.shounld I confront him or shounld I wait til he tells me he is working late and pass by the bar and catch him....im really upset bc if he wounld have said hey im going to the bar I would have said ok....he is usually late comming home on thus day

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 5:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• Give him a big hug like you are so happy to see him, and Get a GOOD whiff of him when he gets home!

In my house he'd say I'm stopping with the guys after work, ok, cool whatever.

With my ex husband, this would mean he'd be MIA for 12 hours, come home broke and I'd have to borrow money from my mom for diapers next week, and possibly have the police involved.

You have to figure out why he'd lie. I don't know your situation.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• and u wounld have not cared if he wounld have told me he was going.....I go to school.and I take care of the 2 year all myself
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I think I might talk to him tonight bc I go there and he is there im going kill him lol
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Yea, I would confront him. By saying. Going to the bar isn't the problem here. Lying to me about it is.

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I agree with PP's that the lying is the major issue. If he feels he has to lie about where he is then there are some major issues. I would confront him, but do it calmly. Don't rant at him like a psycho or he will get defensive.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I agree, calm discussion will be best. Tell him you have good reason to believe he hasn't been forthcoming with you about where he goes when he tells you he is working late. Maybe that will be enough to make him come clean.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Sounds like you do care...which is probably why he lied....to avoid getting a lecture or huffiness from you about going.

Only you can decide what you want to do.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Agree with TNT, you have had a scare, and he most likely was scared as well, I think he lied because he knew you would be anrgy, still no excuse, but in light of all the good news you have had, if he gets home within the next hour why ruin the weekend?
    Anonymous

• I woudl basically say to him that you love him and that you ahve no issue with him stopping at the bar but in the future dont lie to you because trust can ruin what you two have together. Then kiss him and move on!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I'd wait until he goes again main reason being is if he's lying about work, who exactly is he not telling you about. If a guy has to lie about going to a bar then there's more to it.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2013