Is there anyone here who have actually gotten a cheaper deal from the health exchanges?

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 10:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't know they had it fixed yet. Last time I tried logging in, it was still doing the blank security questions. I know I won't get a cheaper deal, though. We have an HSA - no longer allowed, and no way any insurance plan could come close to what we're paying.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• ive been able to register but not log in. im really curious if the calculator and the actual plans match up...if so i could get a $350 a month plan for $50.

the rumors about why the website is running slow crack me up...its a plot by the GOP or the Obama Administration, our state is purposely trying to keep ppl from getting health care, etc.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I saw an article earlier that said the problem wasn't just server load but craptastic programming - THAT I believe. The site is an unorganized mess. I just finally got my acct made, clicked on one info link, and cannot in any way shape or form get back to the page I was on before I clicked it. It either sends me to more information pages I don't want, or back to the login.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• Not I. Buying through the exchange is more expensive for me, and with crappier benefits.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I was appalled at how expensive the plans offered on the RI exchange are! The premiums are lower, but to get those low premiums you have to meet a $5000 deductible or pay more in premiums for a co-pay that is higher than what I pay now. Also not one plan offers co-pays for child therapy. They all must be paid out of pocket until you meet the deductible. That's awful. Another interesting point is that there still is no choice in RI. it's blue cross/blue shield. That's who I have now and has been pretty much the only offering in our state for a while. I am very disappointed. My cobra coverage ends soon and bc/bs has said they will offer us an family plan similar to what we have. I hope that is the case because we are sunk if I have to buy on the exchange.

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• The exchanges can't beat what I'm getting right now through a university foundation. HOWEVER, I did check it out anyway and the exchange was better than my last three private employers. If I was still working for any of them I'd dump 'em for the exchange and save anywhere from $100-$400 a month.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I can't get actual prices and plans without creating an account which I'm not going to do. The pages you can see with estimates come out more than twice as much as we pay now for second least expensive silver plan.

If you go to the dr regularly or have regular prescriptions they recommend the gold or platinum plans. I don't even want to guess how much more we'd be paying with those.

For us? Epic FAIL
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I have yet to be able to actually get in to look.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I tried to get in the other day and haven't been back but I'm curious for a couple of reasons. First, I really do pay a lot for health insurance ($300/bi monthly and I work in healthcare!) and it's not great coverage. Second, I have a child with a chronic illness that has a modified plan that is very affordable. Be interesting to see what they'd stick her with on the exchange.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2013

• I am scared to look. Though last time I tried the site for my state "was not found".
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2013