I'm 29 weeks pregnant, and I don't really feel my baby move as much as I used to?

I used the feel the baby moving around ALOT, she would constantly be kicking me. Now, I don't feel much movement, my stomach just gets hard in different areas of my stomach now. Should I be worried??

Dec212013

Asked by Dec212013 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You always should ask your OB, or even go to the urgent care if you feel like something could be wrong. But try drinking 2 to 3 glasses of water or juice first. Sometimes if you get dehydrated and the baby isn't peeing which means low amounts of fluid in your uterus. Thats what my OB said. After about a 1/2 hr, she was moving and kicking my kidneys all over again. lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• As the baby gets bigger there is less room to move around. That translates to less kicks and flips. Bring it up at your next appt or call your doctor.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Oh and my OB told me I should be able to feel 10 kicks within hour. If not, then you should call your doc. This worked for me. Sometimes just because the baby doesn't move doesn't mean that something is wrong, it could just be a quiet day for the baby. As long as you feel those 10 kicks within the hour, you should be fine.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• The little dickens is running out of room, plain and simple. So the moves will often be more subtle, less noticeable. More like waves, or different places bulging or getting hard, than kicks and pokes. Still, like Michigan said, always ask your doc if you feel something isn't quite right. Better safe than sorry.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• No need to worry. Baby is getting bigger so there is limited space to move. Either that or you just don't notice it like you used to. Stop moving. Grab a cold or sweet drink and wait a little. When you are up walking around it is similar to rocking the baby so baby goes to sleep. Stop moving and baby wakes up so you notice more.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• At 29 weeks there isn't much room left to move! As long as you do feel some movement then no need to worry.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2013