Punk Band Shoots Porn on Westboro Baptist Church’s Lawn adult content

EDGE Boston

Porn, punk and piety converged this week in Topeka, Kan., when members of the punk rock band Get Shot! filmed a pornographic segment featuring one of their band members naked and committing the sin of Onan on the lawn of the virulently anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church.

A press release published on the Sacramento, Calif., based punk band’s Facebook page states:

"Topeka, KS - It was a nice sunny day just before noon in the small but well known city of Topeka when punk rock band, Get Shot! from California arrived at the Westboro Baptist Church to film their bass player, Laura Lush masturbate on their front lawn, completely naked.

"The Phelps family and Westboro Baptist Church are ridiculous and do nothing except spread hate and cause controversy. As a bisexual woman and the bass player of a ridiculous punk band, I wanted to spread my legs and cause controversy." - Laura Lush, Get Shot!

Completely disregarding Westboro’s surveillance cameras, armed security and the state’s strict obscenity laws, Get Shot! successfully avoided arrest or confrontation.

"There was a lot of traffic and we saw a few cops at a coffee shop a few blocks away. We barely had enough gas money and cocaine to make it to Denver for our next concert. Since we can’t afford bail, we had to cut it a little short before the cops got called. If someone will bail us out, we will bring a group of girls and a whole camera crew when we come back in a few months" - J.P. Hunter, Get Shot!

Get Shot! are no strangers to law enforcement and say they have spotted undercover police officers at their concerts to see if public indecency or drug use occur on stage. ...

Get Shot! sent a tweet to Shirley Phelps-Roper of WBC requesting footage of the surveillance video because it probably caught a few good angles that the band couldn’t achieve due to the wrought iron fence surrounding the church.

...

http://www.edgeboston.com/news/national/150206/punk_band_shoots_porn_on_westboro_baptist_church%19s_lawn

While I wouldn't personally advocate for anything so disrespectful to be done on a church lawn, even at Westboro, I did have to laugh a little. These folks ask for everything they get, and more.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• if a crazy punk band wants to make a statement with a crude public act, all the best to do it on the lawn of bigots and assholes at the WBC. they arent a church...they dont deserve the same respect as actual houses of worship.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I don't agree with anything WBC stands for or does, but I find this disrespectful and others stooping down to their level. And childish!

Answer by missanc at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Dumb ass move on part of this band.

It's a punk band struggling to be relevant in the 21st century. Exploiting themselves is their entire career, because punk no longer exists as it did 40 years ago. Nobody cares anymore. Nothing that worked in 1974 is shocking today - you can find jr high kids doing it and posting it on youtube. Take it for what it is - how depraved the world has become that THIS is what it takes to be considered shocking anymore, and to that end, I'd say they accomplished their goal rather well.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I SO hope this is true!

It's true, seen the pictures, but can't post them here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• It's true...I was unfortunate enough to see the video -blech-

I agree with the pp that while I cannot stand WBC and any of their "beliefs" I do find it disrespectful and pretty disgusting.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I SO hope this is true!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• *snerk*

Karma.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• cant say I am upset about that!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• ^^^
    agree
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I view this church as obscene as what this band did. They deserve each other.
    Id never defame myself in any manner while pointing the finger at others screaming "bigot" or any other word. Not that i am defending wbc in any way, shape or form. But to reduce yourself to nothing more than a sexual object kinda just gave them (wbc)even more fuel.
    Dumb ass move on part of this band.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2013