my daughter in law wakes up her one year old when she comes back from work, after 10:30 pm. I am worried for the baby. Any advise please

Louisette

Asked by Louisette at 3:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not your baby.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• She probably misses the baby & wants to spend time with her child. Nothing wrong with that. If that their routine, don't interfere with it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• None of your business. Though I wouldn't be waking a sleeping baby even if I did miss him/her.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• The baby will be fine, stay out of it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Why are you worried???? Does she wake the baby up to beat the crap out of it??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Yes I agree that 10:30 is late, but if the baby is fine then I don't think you have any need to worry.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Some moms and babies have irregular routines and do fine. It really doesn't matter until they get to the school years so the child gets enough sleep. Better to stay out of it even though it is unconventional
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• The only "problem" I can foresee is that the child will become used to waking at that time, which will make bedtime a pain in later years.

But, even if that happens, it still won't be your problem. It will be hers.

We moms will do some odd things (not dangerous, just odd) to be able to spend time with our babies. This is her odd thing. Mentally walk away. It's not your business.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I don't think it's a wise choice, and I'm assuming this is her first baby. But she will learn in a couple years when she wants her child to sleep through the night and he/she is routinely waking up at 10:30-11 pm for playtime!

Answer by missanc at 12:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Babies are pretty adaptable. I wouldn't worry. School is still years away.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2013