trying not to worry

I had a dr apt yesturday for my 30wk check up. At 26wks we had a u/s and they thought baby was measuring alittle on the small side but other then that he looked great. Dr wanted to check and make sure he is still staying on a growing curve so they did a u/s yesturday and hes still kind of small 2lbs 14oz now i dont think that seems small since every thing i read says they should be 3lbs at 30wks hes only a couple oz smaller. But then he wants to send me to a specialist for another u/s because he thinks the cord might not be connected to the placenta very well and said this could cause problems at delivery. He wants to also put me on fetal monitering once a week. Anyone else go through this? Im scared something is wrong, he told me not to worry and that right now things look good but i cant help bt worry.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure about the cord thing but, with the size it could be that they are a little off on the dates. This happened with my first pregnancy, they were a little off on the dates and they sent me to get a level 2 ultrasound and luckily everything turned out just fine. most of the time they send you to get another ultrasound, chances are the baby is fine but, they just have to be sure just in case. I'm sure everything will be just fine.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am 26 weeks and just went to the Dr for the same thing. I had an ultrasound to make sure everything looked right, and it did pretty much. My baby is breach so the circumfrence of her head is measuring a little bit small. I would think that since your baby has already grown at about the pace he is supposed to, then your placenta is working fine. They are probably just making sure. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009