Do you think there comes a time...

When you should stop being the better perons and stop taking the hight road? I am having an issue with a family member and another person and I have been taking the high road but to be honest after a year, I am done! Has anyone else been through this? What did you do?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 11:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Although, in theory, taking the high road is the best thing to do, not everyone learns that way. I'm all for direct honesty rather than turning the other cheek in most situations. Also, if being the better person isn't working, it's time for a new approach.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yea i went through that alot with my older sister and finally i gave up and have no contact with her what so ever. my life is soo much more peaceful good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I do what makes me happy. The other person be damned.

I know that's quite selfish, but more people have done horrible things to me than I've done to other people.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Agree with Pnukey. While I like to be the "better" person, sometimes people just don't get it and need to be put in their place!
    Anonymous

• For my mothers sake I felt I needed to be the better person with my lil half sister who I just can't stand most of the time.She is so irresponsible and loud and relies on my mom for everything. I pray one day she will grow up and she's alread 35. But yes I think it helps make you feel like a better person in the long run even if there are only a few people who know it. I went almost a yr with no contact whatsoever and it was a nice thing not to have to deal with her drama, but Christmas came and I gave in, for my moms sake and I still keep contact limited. ps. my wedding took place before Christmas and no she was not invited. At least I didn't have to deal with that...lol
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• When it gets to be to much, the best thing is just to walk away.... You did what you could and it wasnt enough....Atleast you were there when you were..... You can't make yourself sick over somone else... Especially if you have children....

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Sit with them on-on-one and say, "we'll have to agree to dissagree on this.. and let it drop." Then argue nor discuss the subject again.

25beengoodtome

Answer by 25beengoodtome at 12:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009