My 14 year old daughter told me she is a transgender, should I force her to dress as a girl?

I've Been Struggling With My Family Accepting My Daughter As Who She Recently Open UpTo Acknowledge, Teachers, ClaSsmates And Family Members. But My Family Says I Should Not Allow It For She Is Just A Child Who Doesn't Know Any Better That I Should Force Her To Keep Wearing Female Cloths. I Have A Lot Of Trouble With My Family On Special Occations And events. I Accept Her But All This Makes Me Ask My Self Some QuestionS. Am I Doing The Right Thing, To Tell Her That I Accept Her, Taking Her PersonaLly to Buy Her Boys Cloths, And Going Against All Natural Reality? Should I just Force Her To Dress As Who She Was Born, And Tell Her She Is Wrong That She Is Not To Choose Until She Is 18 Years Old? What Is the Right Thing To Do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• She's a teenager. Teenagers dye their hair & dress in many different ways. I would not stand in her way. She should be allowed to express herself & who she is. If you REALLY support her like you say, you will support her & stand up for her when others shun her for being herself. She's not hurting anyone, so let her be. Tell the others the same thing.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Must you capitalize every.single.word?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I cant read this it makes me pause at every word. How do people type like that and why?

Girls and boys are wearing the same things right now. I don't think it matters.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• It looks like one huge title....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• (Msmom110) Your Words Enforced My Own perspective, Thank You!

My Writing Is Irrelevant And The Capitalization Phone Does It Automatically!
    losira

Comment by losira (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Taking Her PersonaLly to Buy Her Boys Cloths

Because no woman has worn jeans and t-shirts, ever, in the history of modern dress, unless they had body dismorphic disorder.

And Going Against All Natural Reality
    Yeah, because it's Natural to wear a skirt and pantyhose

Your family is full of dipshits.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• And The Capitalization Phone Does It Automatically!

Bullshit
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• it Says Post Your Question Not A Title!!
    I Appreciate That If Your Not Helping Just Keep Your Comments!
    losira

Comment by losira (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I personally would not make her wear dresses. But I would not buy all boy cloths for her. I would make her buy girl pants and shirts and shoes. Tell she is old enough to get a job and buy her own cloths. Their are girl cloths that are not girly.

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I'm perfectly female and straight and have worn jeans my whole life. I hate skirts and dresses. Doesn't make me any less female. Let your kid wear what she wants. Even girls wear boxers. Crazy notion, but a lot of women just like to be comfortable.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2013