Why people do not respond?

I am a room parent. I organize the class party, I asked people in a survey what will be convenient date for the party and based on the survey results I scheduled party. Though, when I sent the invite, only 4 people signed up. What should I do, there are 15 more days to the party, but no one signing.The teacher coming to the party too, and one of the most influential moms offered her house to the party. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Can you be at the school during drop off & pick up times? Catch parents then w/ clipboard in hand & sign them up then. For those you miss, send home 1 last reminder & explain that the party may have to be cancelled if more participation from the parents doesn't happen
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• they didnt sign up because they do not want to participate.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• are you wanting themt o respond that they and kids are coming to the party? Or that they the parent will help?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Is the party at a time when working parents can attend?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• The party is on Sunday, many of them are able to attend. I feel ridiculous standing and asking people to sign up. Yes, i think people did not really want to attend that lady's house, but she offered. Or they did not want a party... I feel very bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• First of all, I would not want to attend a school party on a Sunday.
    Secondly, when you invite people you should always guess that if you invite 10 maybe 5 will show etc.
    I also feel if it is a school party it should be at school not someone elses home. Was it known that the party would be at her home when they signed up?

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• If you are room parent you need to take charge and make decisions with the information you have. Decide in a day / time / place and then just send an invite flier home with the kids. Your job isn't to let everyone else tell you what to do. You will never be able to accommodate everyone, so make a plan for what you feel works best and go with it. If they show up, great. If not, oh well.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I agree that school parties should be done at school, although I don't know what your school policies are. Room parent can be a thankless job. Trying to accommodate everyone is like asking a room of 20 people what kind of pizza they want. It's more likely that after you have the party planned that families will make an effort to make it work into their schedule if they are interested in coming.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I thought class parties were held IN CLASS?
    You have the date, the place, the invites were sent.
    Just show up and don't volunteer next year.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Our parties are on Saturdays or Sundays, either on the playground or at someone house. Now, many people state that they coming, but do not sign.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2013