A share, not a question.........

My grandbaby sleeps with us all the time, she did real well in her own room then we traveled some and she got out of the habit. Then we had some other issues here and there and of course as grandparents we gave in.

Here lately she literally hurts me with kicking, she is sound asleep but really hurts!

We asked her WHY she doesn't want to sleep in her room, her answer was our bed is big enough to turn sideways even if we are all in there. OKAY

She has an iron daybed with a trundle pop up, her room is fairly small.

At the risk of buying a bed and new BIGGER mattresses my husband went in today, popped up the trundle and attached them (frame to frame with bolts) and turned the mattresses long ways. She now has a KING bed in width just not the extra length.

Time will tell if this is the solution. If so, I will sleep so much better soon. :)

So, if you have a daybed/trundle like that and you feel your kids need a bigger bed, this is an option.

luvmygrandgirl

Asked by luvmygrandgirl at 8:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• LOL, awesome luv! I wish you some peaceful nights!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• LOL ty Kmath!
    Saved me tons of money too!
    luvmygrandgirl

Comment by luvmygrandgirl (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Good job luv!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I hope it helps. I can't get my kids out of my bed most nights.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• What an ingenious idea!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• I don't know, that sounds too easy. Let us know how it goes. I think she probably just like sleeping with you. It took forever to get my son out of our bed. I'm embarrassed to say how old he was. But good luck!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• mompam I am pretty sure what will happen atleast at first will be that I end up sleeping with her to make it onl 2 in the bed (giving me more room to "hide" from her feet). Eventually I think she will end up in there alone, but even a little extra space is a blessing right now!
    luvmygrandgirl

Comment by luvmygrandgirl (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2013

• Thank you for the idea! Sleep well!

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2013