Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legal information or advice needed

first let me say that this is NOT happening on this site.
My issue is that there is this woman who has been harassing me. She thinks that I was trying to break her and her bf up because she thinks I am in love with him. I am not the one that was doing it but she does not believe me. Anyway, she is in Canada and I am in the states. The thing is, she has been sending me hate mail through fb and my e-mail account. I have blocked her and she uses other account to attack me. I closed my fb and just recently opened a new e-mail account and quit using the old one. I was getting about 17 e-mails from her a day. The thing is, it has escalated to her telling me she is going to put a bullet in my head, to watch my back, then she said she has called CPS and told them that I am depressed and suicidal and that my kids are not safe with me. I never heard anything from CPS so I think she is lying. However, her harassment has stressed me out and caused nightmares. Friends have said that I should print the e-mails and take them to the police. I could do that but as I've said, she is in Canada. Can the police really do anything? Now that I don't use my fb or my e-mail anymore I can just ignore her as long as she doesn't find me on any other sites but I am still worried. I really don't think she would actually come here, but you never know. Is there anything that I can do? I should I just ignore her and move on?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • it is harassment and yes they can.
    call your local department.

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • Call and ask but her being in another country not sure what they can/will do.

    Just be done with it and ignore her.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • I think you should printthm and file the reports with the police. They may tell you ways to protect yourself but other than that I doubt they can do anything (jurisdiction)
    However you will have the proof that this woman is threatening you, your life and your family and should anyone file with CPS they will have to also take into consideration her if this is her filing a report) You of course, would tell them that you filed a police report in October, 2013.

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • Look, you've received death threats - you HAVe to go to the police. Report this, show them the emails, and let them find the means of protecting you.

    Answer by goldpandora at 3:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • She's making death threats. They may have to work in cooperation with Canadian authorities, but I am sure there has to be something that can be done. You need to report it, if for no other reason than to have proof on record that she has been threatening you.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • Print the dang e-mails. Should things escalate that far you need proof of her threats. Turn copies of them into the police (you don't want to lose any evidence so copy at least once. ) because they should be able to do something.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • Take copies of the threatening emails to your local police dept. There you can file a report & request a restraining order. They may be able to advise you of ways to deal with her & what you can do to protect yourself. Maybe it's time for you to get your CCW permit.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • I agree with everyone else. Take copies of emails to the police dept. and file a report. Also keep a printed set handy in case CPS shows up at your door. You can quickly provide them with evidence that they are being used for revenge.

    She sounds like a whack job. Maybe you can get a restraining order against her since she has threatened bodily arm. Even if you don't think she would, it couldn't hurt.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 10:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • I would print the e-mails out. Or put on a pin drive(think that is what it's called). Talk to the police, see what they say. Then ignore her. Unless she comes knocking on your door. Pay no attention to it.
    I have had plenty of harassment on here. I never loose sleep over it.

    Answer by louise2 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

  • I look at it this way...

    We do not know what can be done because she lives in a different country.
    We do not know what our local police department can do about it.

    We DO know she is threatening you
    We DO know she is involving your children.

    We do not know if she is serious.
    We do not know what she is capable of.

    You are fearful for a reason!!! You need to make sure you do something about it... It is the "we do not know" things about her that should have you protecting yourself and your children, you never know what crazy people can do in the world, look around us on a daily basis, so many things are going on in the world, you must be careful

    Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
What would you do

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
How to get pregnant?