I been off the depot shot for about 2 months can i get pregnant just after 1 shot of the depot shot?

I have had spotting last month, but not a period this month yet?

dannielle4

Asked by dannielle4 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Has it been 2 months since you had the shot, or has it worn off now for approximately 2 months?

It's possible. Just one dose doesn't *usually* have an effect on fertility. If you're not ready for a baby, get another form of birth control. If you are, good luck!
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2013

• I was on the depo for a few years and I didn't even ovulate until I had been off of it for like, a year and a half. I ended up pregnant two years after I got off of the depo at a time when I wasn't trying.
    ElsaH

Answer by ElsaH at 12:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• You can. Take a pregnancy test to be sure you aren't. After that you have to let your body re-set itself. So you may experience odd bleeding.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• Anything's possible, but you probably just don't have your period yet because your hormones are in flux.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2013

• If you ovulate and fertilise it is possible.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2013